Why Choose Western Red Cedar Fascia
Cedar fascia is a type of exterior trim material that is commonly used in home construction. It is made from cedar wood, which is known for its durability, natural resistance to rot and insects, and attractive appearance.
Fascia refers to the horizontal band of material that runs along the edge of a roof, covering the rafters and providing a finished look to the structure. Cedar fascia is a popular choice for this application due to its ability to withstand the elements and maintain its beauty over time.
In addition to its functional properties, cedar fascia is also prized for its aesthetic appeal. Cedar wood has a distinctive grain pattern and warm color that can enhance the curb appeal of a home. It can also be stained or painted to match the style of the house or to create a contrasting effect.
Overall, cedar fascia is a versatile and long-lasting option for homeowners who want to add both style and functionality to their homes.
Where and When to use Cedar Fascia
Cedar fascia is a popular choice for homeowners and builders because of its natural beauty, durability, and resistance to weather and pests.
Cedar fascia is particularly suitable for use in areas where there is a high level of moisture, such as in coastal or humid regions, as it is less prone to warping and rotting compared to other types of wood. It can also be used in areas with a dry climate, as cedar wood has natural oils that help to protect it from cracking and splitting.
When installing cedar fascia, it is important to ensure that it is properly sealed and finished to prevent water from penetrating the wood and causing damage. It is also recommended to periodically clean and reseal the wood to maintain its appearance and longevity.
Overall, cedar fascia is a versatile and attractive option for finishing the roofline of a building, particularly in areas with high levels of moisture or dry climates.
How to Choose Cedar Fascia
Choosing the right cedar fascia boards for your project is important to ensure its longevity and overall aesthetic appeal. Here are a few factors to consider when selecting cedar fascia boards:
- Grade: Cedar fascia boards come in different grades based on the quality of the wood. Clear grade boards are free of knots and other defects, while knotty grade boards have more knots and imperfections. Select the grade that best fits your project requirements and budget.
- Dimension: Cedar fascia boards come in various dimensions. Consider the width, thickness, and length of the boards to ensure they fit your project’s specific needs.
- Treatment: Cedar is naturally resistant to decay and insect damage, but it’s still a good idea to treat the wood with a preservative to extend its lifespan.
- Style: Cedar fascia boards come in different styles, such as beveled or square edge. Choose the style that complements your project’s overall design.
- Supplier: Make sure to purchase cedar fascia boards from a reputable supplier to ensure they are of high quality and properly graded.
By considering these factors, you can choose the right cedar fascia boards for your project and enjoy their durability and natural beauty for years to come.
Contact Surrey Cedar today and request a free estimate for your Western Red Cedar Fascia.