Cedar siding for your outdoor space is a beautiful way to enhance your home. Choosing a siding for your outdoor space can be overwhelming, as there are many factors to consider. For one, you have to look at durability and versatility. A siding that would last for years and can be used in different spaces makes for a worthy investment. It’s also a must to consider the siding’s design. Not only should it complement your home, but it should also enhance a space’s aesthetic appeal. And let’s not forget sustainability, which goes a long way in helping the environment.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Cedar Siding for Your Space
When it comes to all these factors, nothing beats Western Red Cedarwood. Even experts would recommend this type of lumber over synthetic materials for your siding needs. Here are 5 reasons why you should choose cedar over other materials:
- Western Red Cedar’s natural warmth and beauty can brighten up your outdoor area, making even the most basic spaces look sleek and stylish. And that’s something you can’t achieve with plastic or synthetic sidings. Those that mimic the appearance and texture of wood won’t do either, as they’re unsightly and might just end up making your space look cheap.
- Another big plus of this type of wood is that it is resistant to decay, rotting and insect attacks. So there’s no need to worry about damage from heat, rain and other elements. For instance, Sun exposure won’t cause the material to fade or deteriorate over a long time. That’s precisely why it’s smart to invest in this type of wood. And when signs of wear and tear do start appearing, you can quickly restore or refinish the material, which you can’t do with plastic sidings. There are many benefits of cedar, including using it for siding and decking.
- Our Western Red Cedar does not contain any resin or pitch. Applying oils, staining your cedar or using any finish you want can be done. Cedar allows you to have a wide range of options in terms of colour and surface treatment.
- Are you concerned about the environmental impact of the materials you use for your home? Don’t worry. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable building material that does not emit as much waste and greenhouse gases as other siding types. We harvest our cedar lumber from sustainably managed forests so that you can use this wood without worries.
- On top of all these, you’ll love how Western Red Cedar is an efficient thermal insulator. It can help you cut down on heating and cooling costs while adding a touch of sophistication to your space.
At Surrey Cedar, we offer different options for cedar siding, including the following:
Bevel Cedar Siding – Re-Sawn Lumber. Horizontal Installation>
Bevel siding is the most common siding type, and the installation is horizontal. We produce it by re-sawing our cedar lumber at an angle to produce two pieces thicker on one edge than the other. As a result, one face has an unsmooth texture, while the other face is either smooth or rough, depending on the grade and customer’s preference. We stock it in 1×6, 1×8, and 1×10 sizes. We can also produce other dimensions for large orders.
Tongue & Groove Cedar Siding – Versatile. Vertical, Horizontal and Diagonal Installation
Tongue and groove siding is known for its versatility, as the installation is vertical, horizontal or diagonal. It comes in different types of surface textures and joints and allows you to create various shadow line effects.
Channel Cedar Siding – More Weather-Proof. Vertical, Horizontal and Diagonal Installation
Channel siding is more versatile than bevel siding because each board partially overlaps with the board next to it (creating a “channel”). As a result, it is more weather-proof, but the installation is: horizontally, vertically or diagonally. If you are aiming for a rustic look, channel siding is perfect. We stock it in 1×6, 1x8and 1×10 sizes. We can also produce other dimensions for large orders.
Contact Us to Order Cedar Siding for Your Outdoor Space or to Order Something Different Today
Check out our cedar pictures of projects we have done, including different cedar installations like cedar siding, cedar decking, cedar fencing, cedar sheds and cedar structures. You can also view our full line of cedar products. We also have many different cedar roofing solutions. From retail and overseas buyers to cedar distributors, we offer many cedar products. You can also get a mixed lumber order from us. Contact us to order cedar siding for your outdoor space today.